I want to choose
Radiant Cut Engagement Rings
Shopping rings made easy
Attention to details and your needsHow to choose the best fit?
What Is a Radiant Cut Engagement Ring?
A radiant cut appeared in the late 1970s but has already taken the world of jewellery by storm. It was designed to combine the exceptional properties of the round and emerald cut: the exquisite blink and octagonal shape. Many celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Khloe Kardashian were mesmerised by the unusual appeal and chose radiant engagement rings over traditional ones.
Pros of Radiant Cut Engagement Rings
- Supreme brilliance and flair. Faceting precision in the radiant engagement rings ensures maximum light rebound and a rich, colourful prism. The brilliance of this diamond can only be rivalled by a round cut.
- Extra presence. A radiant diamond appears larger than its step-cuts of the same carat weight. It is an attractive item if your fiancé-to-be appreciates bulky jewellery.
- Agreeable prices. The cutting process involves very little wastage, so the radiant shaped engagement ring costs less. You have an outstanding opportunity to buy a precious, meaningful gift without breaking the bank.
- First-class durability. Thoroughly bevelled corners provide substantial protection from chips and breakage, making radiant cut engagement rings a number one purchase for people with hectic lives.
Cons of Radiant Shaped Engagement Rings
- Bowtie region. Poorly cut radiants may have a black band running across the middle of the stone. The degree of the band differs from barely visible to severe. However, it doesn't necessarily have to blemish your ideal stone. Look for an excellent cut, and you won't notice any inclusions in your radiant engagement ring.
- Radiant diamonds are bottom-heavy, e.g. most of the pavilion is hidden beneath the surface. Consequently, the profound depth dulls brilliance. If you wish to save the unsurpassed glow, you'll have to go for a bigger size.
- Even though radiant cut is a fan favourite, it is still a rarity. Only reputable stores offer beautiful radiant engagement rings, so searching for "the one" will test your patience. On the other hand, your partner will treasure the band more, knowing how much effort you've put into finding it.
Start with Material
Metal is a significant component of any radiant cut engagement ring. With plenty of options on the table, it's hard to decide. Ideally, the band's material should match the owner's personality and coincide with their fashion style. It's also advised to account for skin compatibility since white and yellow gold cause rashes by allergics. To lend you a hand, we've outlined a few must-know qualities of precious metals:
The best materials for radiant cut engagement rings are undoubtedly white gold and platinum. Their reflective quality magnifies the hall of mirrors effect and intensifies the sparkle.
Platinum is your fit if you want a metal that meets all standards. Radiant cut engagement rings in platinum are hypoallergenic, tarnish-resistant and simply posh. With yellow sheen fading into the background, they have gained extreme popularity. Purchase a platinum band if you expect your accessory to last a decade and spare no expense.
The reputation of white gold precedes it. The metal is well-known for its affordable price, elegant sheen and modernistic touch. Radiant cut engagement rings in white gold symbolise chivalry and unwavering commitment. They require proper care and occasional replating. Select one if your better half likes silver accessories or aesthetic clothing.
Rose gold is a solid pick for women who fancy gentle pastel hues and innovative jewellery. The metal is skin-friendly; it humbly complements any attire and represents sincere feelings. Your partner has probably dreamt of the proposal her whole life, so you need it to make it flawless. Now, imagine standing on one knee, looking into her charming eyes and presenting her with a glimmering token of love. Who could say "no" to that?
Yellow gold is a time-tested option for radiant cut engagement rings. It has relatively high corrosion resistance and an aura of luxury. Since the dawn of time, yellow gold signified trust, faithfulness and wealth. Buy a band in this metal for charismatic and strong-willed women.
Choose Best Design
It may come as a surprise, but a diamond doesn't create the overall perception of the ring. It's the setting that runs the show.
While radiants are characterised by great combinability, you might want to read up on their performance with various designs:
When it comes to radiant cut engagement rings, a solitaire setting is second to none. It flaunts a single diamond raised and held by four prongs on a thin, delicate band. The radiant cut is spectacular in terms of sparkle and original shape. Therefore, it deserves the central stage without distracting elements. The solitaire minimalist design allows the stone to shine to its fullest. Consider buying it if your beloved prefers soothing tones and a stylish look.
A halo setting is another sought-after pairing for a radiant diamond. It features one main stone mounted in a circle of smaller rocks; thus, extra blink and immense size are guaranteed! Opt for a halo radiant engagement ring if your partner enjoys being in the limelight.
Side stones setting also displays tiny luminous diamonds and a central one. However, the adjacent stones forge a pave instead of a circle. Such an ensemble resembles a starry night sky and is a befitting ending for your romance-full evening.
Vintage setting is a classic option for diamonds of squarish shape. The hypnotising allure of the past is manifested in intricate ornaments that gracefully surround the main gem. The stone's size is amplified in a vintage engagement ring, and all the attention switches to a peculiar radiant cut. Choose this band if your special one is enamoured of antiquity.
Three stones radiant cut engagement ring embodies the couple's present, past and future. As the name suggests, the setting features a central diamond flanked by two smaller stones. You can mix various shapes and sizes to add a flattering contrast and underline radiant's uniqueness.
Interested in learning more about settings and their benefits, open this link: https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/how-to-choose-your-style.
Ring Size Measuring
To find a perfect radiant cut engagement ring, one should determine the correct size. Measuring the finger is challenging, so many customers buy a band that doesn't fit. To avoid this nuisance, we recommend asking for assistance at our shop in Sydney, Australia or following these online tips: https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/ring-size.
At GS Diamonds, your satisfactory experience is our ultimate goal. If your radiant engagement ring is too tight or loose, you can return it within 30 days, and we will grant one complimentary resizing. Unfortunately, the offer isn't valid on bands three sizes incorrect because they need complete remodelling. So measure responsibly to be on the safe side.
Bespoke Radiant Engagement Ring at Sydney GS Diamonds
- Maybe you already have the image of a suitable radiant cut engagement ring in your head. In this case, we've got a feature designed just for you. On our website, you can order a customised band and surprise your future wife with an individual approach. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- First, find the "engagement rings" caption at the top of the screen and click on it. We will present you with two possibilities: to start with a setting or with a diamond. We advise choosing the former. Once you figure out the setting, it'll be easier to calculate how much money you have for the diamond.
- Once you press the "start with a setting" button, you'll see a broad assortment of items. To narrow down the selection, set filters like metal, price, style and shape. Click on the "view" button for the setting you like. If everything looks good, continue to "choose diamonds".
- After the link opens, you'll see different parameters. Decide upon the 4Cs and price. Examine the characteristics of the stone you liked. If you are pleased, follow the "complete ring" link.
- You will be transferred to the final phase. Review your creation and add it to the cart. Once you have the money open the cart and pay for your unparalleled radiant engagement ring.
If you are not in Sydney and the nearest cities you can go to another page where we present our radiant engagement rings in Brisbane.
Recommendations for Radiant Cut Engagement Rings
- Picking out a radiant cut depends on your personal preferences. If you want a minimal bowtie effect, choose an excellent or very good one.
- The impressive light return of radiant diamonds helps mask minor imperfections. You can save up money on clarity and get an eye-clean stone. For smaller carat weight, go for SI1 or SI2 grade; for bigger carat weight(2+), go for VS2 grade.
- Regarding colour, the radiant shaped diamond will look white in any engagement ring setting if you select H or I grade. Lower colour grades are recommended for bands in rose or yellow gold.
Where Buy Radiant Cut Engagement Rings
GS Diamonds provides free insured shipping on all Jewellery to Customers in Australia and New Zealand.
Our stores are located in the biggest cities of Australia:
- Sydney, NSW, Shop 34-36 on Level 2 of the Queen Victoria Building;
- Surfers Paradise, QLD, Level 13/50 Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217.
Our Company accepts the following payment options for purchases of Goods:
- Alipay, AMEX, Visa, MC, Bank Transfer, Eftpos, Chinese Union Pay — in-store.
- Alipay, AMEX, Poli Payments, Visa, Mastercard, Bank Transfer, HUMM Finance — online.
We give you a 30-day money-back guarantee on all fully-paid items bought in-store and online. This is up to the value of A$15,000, excluding GST. Simply return your jewellery within this timeframe for a refund or exchange.
Visit GS Diamonds Sydney showroom Est 1986
Monday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Tuesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Wednesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Thursday 10AM–8:00PM<br> Friday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Saturday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Sunday 11AM–4:30PM<br>
Our retail store is located at Shop 34-36 on Level 2 of the Prestigious Queen Victoria Building