I want to choose
Marquise Diamond Engagement Rings
Shopping rings made easy
Attention to details and your needsHow to choose the best fit?
What Is a Marquise Diamond Ring
Are you looking for an engagement ring to throw the partner off the feet? You've come to the right page. Your beloved deserves only royal treatment, so we suggest picking out a beautiful marquise diamond with an aristocratic finish. But how does it look, and what are the benefits of this shape? We'll break down everything:
Marquise diamond is a precious stone with two pointed edges in a whimsical form of the mouth. Some say the shape resembles football, boat or eye, and there is no wrong answer. Initially, the stone was designed to mirror the Marquise of Pompadour lips, but now you can put whatever meaning you want behind it. Even celebrities like Catherine Zeta-Jones, Victoria Beckham and Jennifer Lopez appreciate the originality of marquise engagement rings.
Pros of Marquise Engagement Rings
- Sizeable diamond. Marquise cut appears more prominent in the engagement ring than other fancy shapes (princess, round and radiant).
- Inclusions cloak. The facets of marquise diamonds remind those of round brilliants. They are cut in this manner to enhance light reflection. The blinding radiance and fire of facets help to mask tiny blemishes.
- Lengthening effect. Due to the narrow, elongated form, the stone makes fingers look thinner and longer.
- Colour concealment. Marquise diamonds hide yellow and brown tints better than their step-cuts. However, they might have a yellowish hue at the corners.
- Remarkable versatility. You can put the central stone in either a vertical or horizontal setting. Each variant will display the main diamond from diverse angles.
- Unique shape. Marquise cut engagement rings are a safe bet if you want something extraordinary and surprising.
Cons of Marquise Engagement Rings
- Diamond's vulnerability. The stone features two sharp corners that are easy to scratch or chip. If you buy a marquise engagement ring, consider settings with protection. They will secure the edges and hide the minor flaws.
- Bow tie effect. A bow tie is an imperfection in a diamond's cut that doesn't take light in. Cutting requires exceptional precision, and the jeweller has to factor different angles. If the facets aren't cut properly, they won't reflect light. Marquise diamonds usually have some degree of bow ties, and it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Whether to search for an eye-clean diamond or one with black a bow tie depends on your taste.
- Hefty price tag. Marquise diamond rings aren't cheap; they cost more than emerald, cushion or radiant rings.
Start with material
While selecting a marquise engagement ring, it's vital to take metal into account. If you aren't thorough, you'll end up with a band that: doesn't match your spouse's fashion style, doesn't highlight their strong suits, draws attention to yellowish tints or even causes allergies. Here's what you need to know to find the suitable metal among numerous options:
White gold, also known as the metal of nobles, has been gaining popularity over the past decade. Many couples choose it because of the tempting prices and non-standard shade. White gold marquise diamond rings modestly complement any attire without the unwanted gloss. However, they might be harmful to allergics because of the nickel. They also need a perpetual inspection by jewellers for corrosion signs.
Yellow gold is a classic variant that mesmerises with its spectacular sheen. Marquise engagement rings from this metal signify prosperity, stability and loyalty. You should purchase them for Elvis Presleys and Lady Gagas of the stage, people with massive jewellery, and eccentric clothes.
If you are an incurable romantic, rose gold is ideal for a marquise diamond ring. This metal is renowned for good corrosion resistance, e.g. it doesn't have to be replated like white gold. Of course, no one will stop you from going to the jeweller to return the original glow. Rose gold has appeared recently but has already become a fan favourite because of its unusual colour appeal. Plus, unlike white or yellow gold, it doesn't provoke an allergic reaction.
Platinum is preferred by people who live on the hog. This metal is priced highest because it's skin-friendly, tarnish resistant and solid-looking. It's a common custom to present platinum marquise diamond rings as a symbol of an eternal love adventure.
Choose best design
The setting is the foundation of the ring. Each style showcases the main diamond exclusively and attractively. Here you'll find more about particular settings advantages and disadvantages: https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/how-to-choose-your-style.
The halo setting for marquise diamond rings is by far the most popular choice, and for that, there are many reasons. Halo features one large diamond surrounded by tiny accent stones. Such an ensemble is very cost-effective. Plus, the encircling line makes the central stone appear gigantic. You will spend less for a maximal size illusion. To top it all, you'll get a divine sparkle too. The only downside of halo marquise engagement rings is their tricky maintenance. These bands are favoured by celebrities like Portia de Rossi and Bella Thorn. The latter recently got engaged and wrote the following post with a picture of her ring: "He gets me."
Solitaire is a runner-up for marquise diamond rings. This style features one central stone supported by 4 to 6 stylish prongs. From a strategic perspective, we recommend you go for six prongs. This number underlines the distinct diamond's shape and intensifies brilliance to the fullest. A marquise ring with a solitaire diamond is practical and easy to clean. It is a neat pick for people who wear minimalistic fashion outfits.
Take a risk and surprise your honey with a vintage marquise diamond ring. It accentuates the central stone magnificently, adding a unique flair and Victorian feel. Gift it to a person who sees beauty in small things.
Side stones(pave) setting also works well with a marquise-shaped diamond because of its flexibility. It is forged to accentuate the main stone humbly. Side stones marquise diamond ring is very symbolic, as it resembles a star constellation. Buy it for people with delicate nature.
Three-stones setting rarely occurs in marquise engagement rings. It consists of a bigger stone in the spotlight and two smaller stones on the sides. Noticeable and enchanting, the three stones setting is a fantastic choice for jewellery lovers. However, it may be more expensive than halo or pave.
Ring size measuring
The crucial step in purchasing a marquise engagement ring is to indicate the correct size. A band for your partner shouldn't bring discomfort. Many of our customers do not know how to measure the finger size precisely, so we've decided to include this helpful instruction: https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/ring-size.
If the band for your partner turned out to be too loose or tight, we would fix it. At our company, we provide you with one complimentary resizing for a marquise diamond ring if you return it within 30 days. However, be careful because the offer isn't valid on a 3-size-wrong ring. The latter needs a complete remodelling.
Bespoke marquise engagement ring in Sydney GS diamond
You've seen thousands of options, but no ring speaks to your heart and represents the tenderness of love? We believe we have a solution. Buy a custom-made ring at GS Diamonds. Trust us; she'll cherish the accessory you've put so much effort in forever. To craft the marquise diamond ring, visit our shop in Sydney, Australia or follow this guide for online order:
- Open the" marquise engagement rings" section at the top of the screen and find the "design your own ring" subsection. You can choose whether to start with a setting or with a diamond. We advise you to begin with a setting; it will help you manage the budget for the central stone.
- After clicking on the "start with a setting" button, you'll be transferred to the page with dozens of rings. Apply the desired filters for metal, size, style, shape and price to cut down the options. Once you find an appealing setting, click on its "view" button. Look through product details. If something is unclear, you can always request expert help. After you make up your mind, press the ''choose diamond" button.
- On the diamonds page, you'll see these parameters: cut, clarity, colour, carat, shape and price. Decide your priorities and repeat the process of the "view" button.
- Now, you can complete your marquise diamond ring and evaluate it one more time. If everything looks good, add it to the cart and pay for it conveniently.
Recommendations for Marquise Diamonds Rings:
- Among the 4 C's, your priority should be on the cut. Seek a symmetrical shape with two corners aligning perfectly and two sides mirroring each other. Even the slightest deviation will impact the general perception and spoil the brilliant balanced look. Therefore, go for an excellent or very good cut.
- For medium-sized marquise diamonds, choose H + grade. You'll get a colourless stone with an H or G grade for a lesser cost. For diamonds under 0.50 carats and over 2 .0 carats, consider D-F grades.
- As for clarity, we recommend looking for VS1 - SI2 grades.
If you are not in Sydney and the nearest cities you can go to another page where we present our marquise cut engagement rings in Brisbane.
Visit GS Diamonds Sydney showroom Est 1986
Monday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Tuesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Wednesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Thursday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Friday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Saturday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Sunday 11AM–4:30PM<br>
Our retail store is located at Shop 34-36 on Level 2 of the Prestigious Queen Victoria Building