I want to choose
Heart Shaped Engagement Rings
Shopping rings made easy
Attention to details and your needsHow to choose the best fit?
Heart engagement rings – a gift from the heart
Many people want to surprise their spouses with a unique diamond form, but there are many options to choose from. Lately, the trend in engagement rings has shifted towards heart diamonds, so let's find out more about them.
Heart-shaped diamond is a beautiful heart-shaped stone with 56-58 facets and a "French tip" brilliantly reflecting the light. As the name suggests, this fancy cut symbolizes deep, sincere feelings and ultimate love. Out of all diamond shapes, it is the most difficult one to carve. Heart diamond rings are favoured by such celebrities as Queen Elizabeth and Zoey Deschanel.
Pros of Heart Engagement Rings
- Contemporary feel. This cut is fairly considered the most modern. Therefore, heart diamond rings appeal to those who love vogue designs and follow fashion.
- The sought after rarity. As the shape is hard to cut, heart engagement rings aren't easy to come by in jewellery shops. Dazzle your better half with a band that none of her friends have.
- Attractive original design. Most of the cuts are made in modified squares, rectangles or circles. Therefore, a heart-shaped diamond ring is one to stand out and attract the gazes of passers-by.
Cons of Heart Engagement Rings
- Just a fad. While many women like to keep up with the time, they might find heart diamond rings outdated in the future. So make sure the bride-to-be truly desires this cut and will cherish it in the forthcoming years.
- No room for a mistake. To achieve maximum radiance and fire, jewellers have to cut heart diamonds for a ring precisely. Wide and length play a vital role in the process. Too short or thin, the stone will lose its shape and allure. The ideal ratio for a heart-shaped engagement ring is about 0.75.
- Bow tie effect. Heart diamonds are more susceptible to blemishes. You'll need to pick out a higher grade for colour and clarity.
Start with Material
The metal for your heart engagement ring is something you should ponder over first. Apart from yellow gold, you can now find rose gold, white gold and platinum bands. We advise deciding upon the material that highlights your spouse's strong points and goes well with their style. To simplify things, we'll provide you with basic info on metals' benefits:
Nothing pairs better in a ring than rose gold and heart-shaped diamond. Of course, it is not a timeless yellow gold round, but the colour and emblem of love definitely forge a winning duo. Of all the types of gold, rose gold is the least likely to cause an allergy because it doesn't contain nickel. Since the metal ranks second in corrosion resistance, it is an excellent option for couples who lead vibrant lifestyles and travel a lot.
White gold and heart shape both have an up-to-date touch. As the metal, white gold is the cheapest and signifies chivalry, devotion and trust. Heart diamond rings in white gold are a magnificent purchase for fashion lovers and artistic souls. The only drawbacks are the risk of allergy and the need for occasional replating.
If you opt for a platinum heart diamond ring, it will cost you a pretty penny. After all, platinum is one of the priciest metals. The hefty tag can be justified by extreme durability, unparalleled sheen and ultimate symbolism. Furthermore, platinum bands are hypoallergenic, thus suitable for any skin type.
Surprisingly, yellow gold is not the first-choice metal for heart-shaped diamond rings but don't rush to put it aside. Yellow gold heart cut bands are a neat pick for open-minded people who like both charms of classics and unusual appeal. The rings made in this metal can be passed over from generation to generation and become a family relic. However, be cautious because yellow gold can provoke an allergic reaction if your better half is nickel intolerant.
Choose Best Design
The type of the setting impacts the overall impression of the heart engagement ring. To learn more about setting types, visit our page: "how to choose your style".
Some settings pair with peculiar diamond shapes better. We've outlined the advantages and disadvantages of the most common designs for heart diamond rings:
Halo heart-shaped engagement ring is the best to underline the stone's remarkable shape. A halo setting features several tiny stones, hugging and mirroring the contours of the main diamond. This way, the form is not compromised; on the contrary, it's made bigger. If your partner appreciates a good sparkle, this is your ticket to their heart. The heart diamond ring was worn by Nicki Minaj.
The solitaire setting features a single diamond placed on a plain band and held by several prongs. Solitaire heart diamond rings are quite popular because they accentuate the unparalleled shape and bring attention to the wearer, adding a bit of playfulness and boldness. Even Lady Gaga had a 6-carat diamond heart set in her engagement band. Although solitaires are hard to scratch, they may snag on clothes. Therefore, do an on and off inspection for prong looseness at jeweller's. Buy the solitaire heart diamond ring if your partner appreciates light touches and practicality.
Side stones (pave) settings for heart diamond rings rank third. They consist of the road of tiny glittering rocks on both sides that bring the diamond to the forefront and modestly complement it. Pave settings are the golden middle between halo and solitaire, making them a top pick for people of delicate nature. Furthermore, your partner can wear side stones heart engagement rings on official occasions without causing an unneeded gloss. Gwen Stefani wore one when she was married to Gavin Rossdale.
Three stones setting is a neat solution for those who value a personalized approach and want to play with forms. As the name suggests, three stones setting features two smaller diamonds on the sides and the large one in the centre, representing the couple's past, present and future. You can diversify your diamond ring by combining hearts and squares, hearts and rounds or even hearts and pears. Trust us; such an ensemble will be elegant and pleasing to the eye.
Vintage bands are one of the most fashionable bridal items in 2021. Nevertheless, heart-shaped diamond rings in this setting haven't picked up in popularity. Many people consider the shape a risky pairing because it looks bulky. On the other hand, it conveys boho style. We recommend going vintage if you are sure your special one likes massive jewellery and antique models.
Ring Size Measuring
When it comes to ring size, many men feel at a loss. How can you find the proper heart engagement ring that isn't too tight or too loose? The critical point is to measure the finger correctly. To achieve this goal, check out our online guide: "ring size chart & measuring guide".
Don't get frustrated if something goes wrong along the road. We want our clients to have an unforgettable satisfying experience at GS diamonds. Therefore, we offer one complimentary resizing for a return within 30 days. Unfortunately, this service isn't valid on 3-size-incorrect rings since they require total remodelling. So choose your heart diamond ring wisely.
Bespoke Heart Cut Engagement Ring at GS Diamonds
At GS Diamonds, we've got a broad range of heart engagement rings, but we don't want to limit you to the existing designs. Visit our shop in Sydney, Australia or scroll through our website to craft your own custom-made ring. You can create a one-of-a-kind band that would remarkably depict your partner's beauty and grace. To do this, follow these helpful instructions:
- First, look for the "engagement rings" caption at the top of the screen and click on it. You will have two options presented below: starting with a setting or with a diamond. We advise choosing the former. Once you figure out the setting, it'll be easier to calculate your budget for the diamond.
- After pressing the "start with a setting" button, you'll see a broad assortment of products. To narrow down the selection, set filters like metal, price, style and shape. Click on the "view" button for the setting you like. If all characteristics meet your expectations, proceed to "choose diamonds".
- Once the page opens, you'll see different parameters. Decide upon the 4Cs, size and price. Press the "view" button for a preferred stone. If you are pleased with a choice, follow the "complete ring" link.
- You will be automatically transferred to the final stage. Review your creation and add it to the cart. Once you have the money, open the cart and pay for your stunning heart diamond ring.
If you are not in Sydney and the nearest cities you can go to another page where we present our Heart shape engagement rings in Brisbane.
P. S. If you have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to ask for free expert consultation at any stage.
Recommendations for a Heart Diamond Ring
The most crucial parameter of the heart diamond is its cut. You should look for symmetrical wings, distinctive and even apex point. Select either an excellent or a very good cut.
Although choosing carat weight is totally up to you, we recommend going for 0.50 carats and above. Lower weight will make it challenging to recognize the shape.
To preserve the exceptional shine, we suggest picking out the colour grade from H to D and clarity grade from VS2 to SI2.
Visit GS Diamonds Sydney showroom Est 1986
Monday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Tuesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Wednesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Thursday 10AM–7:00PM<br> Friday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Saturday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Sunday 11AM–4:30PM<br>
Our retail store is located at Shop 34-36 on Level 2 of the Prestigious Queen Victoria Building