I want to choose
Emerald Cut Engagement Rings
Shopping rings made easy
Attention to details and your needsHow to choose the best fit?
Emerald engagement rings: light frozen in a stone
What Is an Emerald Engagement Ring?
Emerald cut diamond rings are instantly recognisable accessories. Glamorous and contemporary, they picked up steam at the beginning of the 21st century. Emerald cuts flaunt rectangular form with cropped points and straight parallel facets that provide a distinctive hall-of-mirrors look.
Pros of Emerald Cut Diamond Ring
- Gigantic size and elongated structure. Emerald diamond is renowned for its large surface table. The long and narrow cut makes fingers appear slimmer and amplifies the stone's perception.
- Brilliant dispersion. The emerald cut provides a magnificent white and coloured light reflection in engagement rings. It is a top-notch variant if you want the flashing rainbow in your stone.
- Variety of shapes. Unlike rounds and ovals, emeralds can stretch to form rectangles or squares. A wide assortment at the market will help you find the band you have in mind.
- Indestructible corners. Most of the cuts have sharpened points that require setting protection. However, emerald cut features cropped edges that don't snag, chip or break easily.
- Pairing flexibility. Emerald diamond goes well with any accent stones, so you can free your creative potential and design an engagement ring she will treasure for the rest of her life.
- Deep clarity. Emerald cut diamond ring cannot boast brilliance, but it possesses an undeniable allure of crystal clear facets.
Cons of Emerald Engagement Rings
- Flaws and colour disclosure. Because of the exceptional clarity, even minor imperfections are visible to the naked eye. You should beware of the bow-tie effect. If the emerald isn't cut properly, some of the facets will block light and remain black, affecting the bling of your diamond ring.
- Skyrocketing prices. Originality doesn't come cheap; that is why this cut is expensive. Nonetheless, an emerald engagement ring will cost you less than a round one.
Start with Material
Before choosing a style for your emerald engagement ring, weigh in the characteristics of a metal. Ideally, your band's material should complement the owner's personality and be comfortable for everyday wear. In addition, you should consider whether it is hypoallergenic or not, so check out this helpful info:
White gold is a popular choice for emerald cut rings because its exceptional sheen amplifies the staircase effect of the diamond. This metal is supposed to bring calmness and add aristocratic nobility. However, it has a couple of drawbacks: the need for occasional replating and the risk of triggering allergies. White gold bands are primarily favoured by people who wear avant-garde silver jewellery and bold or minimalist outfits.
Yellow gold is a classic, timeless option that never ceases to surprise with its luxurious appeal. For generations, this metal symbolised wealth, prosperity and devotion. Emerald cut rings in yellow gold match diverse attires and set the stage for the central diamond. The biggest hurdle is metal properties. Yellow gold contains nickel and may cause an allergic reaction. Consequently, it's always better to consult with a jeweller expert before purchasing.
Rose gold is a relatively new metal on the market, but it has already rivalled its counterparts in popularity. Emerald engagement rings in this material glow with the neutral pinkish hue often described as the colour of love. Ultimately, they signify sincere, warm-hearted feelings. Skin-friendly rose gold bands are known for excellent corrosion resistance. Consider buying them if you want a sleek accessory with a tint of modernity.
Platinum is the rarest and priciest material. For a long time, it was treated as a metal for royalties. Now, no one can put the price tag on your love, but we want you to take a closer look at some of the fascinating attributes of emerald engagement rings in platinum. The first thing that hypnotises most fiances-to-be is the quiet elegance of white sheen and practicality. Your partner can wear a platinum band while cooking or jogging without the fear of damaging it. The second vital property is skin compatibility. Platinum is the only hypoallergenic metal; it feels light and gentle on the hand. Opt for it if you are ready to splurge on high quality and sturdy foundation.
Choose Best Design
In many cases, design plays the forefront role in forging the ring's overall perception. However, emerald diamonds have tricky shapes and finding a befitting setting can pose a challenge. But don't worry, we've got you covered. Here's the list of the best pairings with emerald cuts in diamond rings:
Solitaire is the most minimalistic setting, featuring a sole diamond held by several prongs on a thin, elegant band. It allows the light to go in unobtrusively and multiply the staircase effect. This way, the centre stage goes to the large diamond and its exquisite clarity. Buy a solitaire emerald engagement ring for people who like to stand out and steal the scene.
Three stones setting for emerald engagement rings is in high demand. Firstly, it amplifies the size of a diamond by flanking it with two adjacent stones. Secondly, the peculiar cut allows combining three diamonds effortlessly and graciously. Thirdly, this type of band opens room for creativity. Mix various cuts and awe your partner with a pleasing, subtle ensemble.
Side stones (pave) setting is another sample of a majestic diamond lined meticulously with tiny sparkling stones. Not too bulky and too plain, the pave setting attracts attention, underlines the central piece and resembles the Milky Way. Buy it if you are an incurable romantic or want an emerald engagement ring with a personalised touch.
The vintage setting was initially designed to accommodate emerald diamonds. As the famous saying goes: "don't try to reinvent the wheel." Pick out an emerald engagement ring in this style if you don't fancy extreme angularity and favour the ageless charm of antiquity. It is an even better gift if your partner has some of the trending 2021 vintage clothes or jewellery.
Halo setting ranks fifth for the emerald engagement rings and consists of a larger diamond hugged by smaller luminous diamonds. These accent stones ensure harmony between traditional and new and provide extra shine. Go for it if your better half yearns more flair.
To learn more about the benefits of each setting click on this link: https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/how-to-choose-your-style.
Ring Size Measuring
Determining the correct ring size is a crucial moment in your shopping process. If the band feels natural on the skin, your partner would gladly wear it every day. Many couples experience difficulties with finding the proper material for a ring sizer. To avoid misfit, we recommend taking measurements at our shop in Sydney, Australia or following the online guide: https://www.gsdiamonds.com.au/ring-size.
If you end up with the wrong size, don't worry: client's satisfaction is the core of our practices. We'll give you one complimentary resizing for a return within 30 days. Unfortunately, the offer doesn't extend to the 3-sizes-incorrect band since the latter requires complete remodelling. Therefore, don't rush and select your emerald engagement ring wisely.
Bespoke Emerald Engagement Ring at Sydney GS Diamonds
To find a truly unparalleled band, you should ponder over the message you want to convey. If you scrolled through the jewellery items and nothing spoke: "that's the one", we've got a neat solution. At GS Diamonds, we provide you with a unique opportunity to craft your own emerald cut diamond ring. Sometimes the most precious gifts are the ones we've put much thought into. Here's a short guide to your custom-made gift:
- Once you open the engagement ring section, you'll see the "design your engagement ring" option. You can start by picking out a setting or a diamond. We recommend you begin with a setting to see how much money you have left for the centre stone.
- If you click on the "start with a setting" button, we will present you with various items. To limit the assortment, you should select preferred metal, size, shape, style and price. Once something has caught your eyes, click on the "view" button. If you are satisfied with the search, press the "choose diamond" button on the right corner of your screen.
- You'll be automatically transferred to the page with stones. Here you'll find emerald shaped diamonds and their parameters (carat, cut, colour and price). Look through and repeat the procedure with the "view" button.
- Now, you can complete your emerald engagement ring, examine it one more time and add it to the cart. The cart icon is located at the top right corner of the screen. You'll see your band there and pay for it conveniently.
If you are not in Sydney and the nearest cities you can go to another page where we present our emerald engagement rings in Brisbane.
Recommendations for Emerald Engagement Rings
- Because of the peculiar shape, there is no light scattering to mask inclusions. To get a beautiful and flawless emerald cut diamond ring, go for a clarity grade between VS2 and FL.
- Similar to clarity, colour is more noticeable in an emerald engagement ring. The I+ range will grant you a spectacular look and best value. If you don't mind barely visible yellow tints, you can choose G or H grade.
- As for the cut, aim for very good or excellent to take the most of your purchase.
Where Buy Emerald Cut Engagement Rings
GS Diamonds provides free insured shipping on all Jewellery to Customers in Australia and New Zealand.
Our stores are located in the biggest cities of Australia:
- Sydney, NSW, Shop 34-36 on Level 2 of the Queen Victoria Building;
- Surfers Paradise, QLD, Level 13/50 Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217.
Our Company accepts the following payment options for purchases of Goods:
- Alipay, AMEX, Visa, MC, Bank Transfer, Eftpos, Chinese Union Pay — in-store.
- Alipay, AMEX, Poli Payments, Visa, Mastercard, Bank Transfer, HUMM Finance — online.
We give you a 30-day money-back guarantee on all fully-paid items bought in-store and online. This is up to the value of A$15,000, excluding GST. Simply return your jewellery within this timeframe for a refund or exchange.
Visit GS Diamonds Sydney showroom Est 1986
Monday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Tuesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Wednesday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Thursday 10AM–7:00PM<br> Friday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Saturday 10AM–5:30PM<br> Sunday 11AM–4:30PM<br>
Our retail store is located at Shop 34-36 on Level 2 of the Prestigious Queen Victoria Building