Care Guide: How to Keep Your GS Diamonds Jewellery Looking Beautiful
As with anything you love, you want to look after it. The same goes for those diamonds you’ve just bought. Treat them right and you can wear them for a lifetime, then pass them down to the ones you love. Yes, there might be a few scratches along the way but to make sure you don’t do any real damage, develop these good habits, below.
- Remove rings, necklaces and earrings before you do any practical jobs around the home, go to the gym or take part in any sports. This includes swimming. Chlorine can be harsh on delicate jewellery.
- Keep household cleaning products well away from precious items. Get into the habit of wearing protective gloves if you are cleaning at home. Or simply take off rings etc. to be on the safe side.
- Put your make-up and hair potions on first, then accessorize. This keeps creams and perfumed liquids away from jewellery. It helps to avoid any chemicals reacting to your metals. It keeps your sparkle bright, too. Some products can take the shine off diamonds.
- When you’re not wearing it, return your jewellery in its original box to keep it away from sunlight. It is also a good way to prevent rings and necklaces from becoming tangled in a jewellery box.
- Don’t keep your diamond rings in the cupboard or on the shelf in the bathroom. A damp, steamy atmosphere is not great for precious metals and diamonds.
- Use warmish water and a drop of gentle soap to wash and clean rings and other jewellery. You can also use a soft brush (like a toothbrush). Leave them to dry, then buff and shine with a lint-free cloth.
- It is worth paying to have your jewellery cleaned by the professionals every six months to a year. Our specialist team will expertly clean and polish your GS Diamonds.